Tropical Climber soil blend
Perfect for your climbing tropicals, this grippy blend holds enough moisture while giving roots great drainage and texture to grip on to.
Environment match: Rainforest/tropical plants that may start on the ground but want to climb up trees, or trees that begin life as an epiphyte and drop roots to the ground, like many ficus varieties.
- Monstera (deliciosa, adansonii, etc)
- Pothos (Scindapsus and Epipremnum)
- Philodendron hederaceum (‘brasil,’ ‘neon,’ etc)
- Ficus benjamina, alii, amstel king, elastica, and lyrata (or use our Rainforest Floor blend!)
- …and any other climbing tropical plants.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
Comes in a very small packaging to reduce shipping weight then you add water and it turns into the soil you're expecting. It had tons of stuff other than just "dirt" to help aeration of the roots and I'm seeing (after two weeks of repotting) 3 new chutes of new growth
Great mix that very airy and healthy for my plants. Dust-free and environmental friendly mixes.
I had a variety of rooted Hoya cuttings that needed to get into some soil. I finally got the project done and after a week out of water it appears the plants took to this blend quite easily. There's no stress evident and because the soil drains so well I don't have to worry about roots starting to rot.
I'm more and more impressed with every new OHD soil blend I try! My new Marble Queen pothos is so much happier in the Tropical Climber mix than the nursery blend I got it in.
This is the best aroid soil around!
My plants are sooo happy in this soil blend. I used to buy it by the quart, but now I buy 10 gallons at a time. Seriously good stuff and well worth the money.
It’s literally my favorite stuff. All my plants love it. Takes the guess work out of building your own with lots of extra goodies in there. They took a lot of time to dial all these mixtures in. All the plants I’ve potted in this immediately started taking off.
I have been slowly transitioning all of my plants to Oh Happy Dirt and the difference is obvious. My Oh Happy Dirt plants are by far healthier and happier and growing much better than they did before. I am looking forward to the new blends coming soon and will keep repotting all my plants until they are all using OHD!