Heavenly Fluff soil blend
Our begonia blend is made specifically for your begonias, with a fine texture and extra neem. Great for all varieties of begonias: cane, rex, tuberous, etc.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
This blend has been fantastic for my begonias, but I use it most for my gesneriads. I have a couple of African Violets and my collection of Streptocarpus (Cape Primroses) all in this blend and they absolutely thrive!
My two begonias were the worst part of my collection—one had brown and crunchy leaves and the other had not grown in a year. I repotted in Heavenly Fluff and there no longer have brown crunchy leaves. There is new growth galore on both plants and I never worry about overwatering because the mix is so light and spongy. I would even consider bringing home another begonia!