TREEHOUSE Tropical Epiphyte Blend
A simple substrate for the serious grower, Treehouse blend allows you full control of your soil nutrient content with liquid fertilizer, while providing a stable, nutrient-ready growing medium.
Pinus radiata bark and clay pebbles for weight. Charcoal to de-funkify. Coco husk and vermiculite for the high CEC, to hang on to those fabulous nutrients you add via liquid fertilizer.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use solid nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
I’ve used several types of Oh Happy Plant in four of my plants. Leaves are shiner and growing nicely with bigger leaves. The mixes are great for the growing season 2023.