Pray for Us soil blend
Prayer plants have a reputation for being drama queens, but we decided to fix that. This blend has special moisture-retentive properties, so it holds extra water but keeps it away from the roots until your plant needs it. The special properties of this soil will actively increase the humidity in the air as moisture evaporates, too! Also contains a special blend with extra neem seed meal.
Environment match: picky fusspots that never want to dry out OR drown.
- Prayer plants (Maranta, Calathea, Ctenanthe, Stromanthe)
- Alocasia species (Regal Shield, African Mask/Polly, etc)
- Colocasia species (elephant ear)
- …and any other thirsty, issue-prone drama babies 🙂
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
This soil is amazing!! I purchased a sickly Alocacia with heavily damaged leaves and a mite problem, repotted it in this soil, and even while it was going through the stress of repotting and neem oil treatment for the mites, it shot up 6 inches in only 2 weeks and is so healthy and happy, recovering beautifully