Tropical Climber soil blend
Perfect for your climbing tropicals, this grippy blend holds enough moisture while giving roots great drainage and texture to grip on to.
Environment match: Rainforest/tropical plants that may start on the ground but want to climb up trees, or trees that begin life as an epiphyte and drop roots to the ground, like many ficus varieties.
- Monstera (deliciosa, adansonii, etc)
- Pothos (Scindapsus and Epipremnum)
- Philodendron hederaceum (‘brasil,’ ‘neon,’ etc)
- Ficus benjamina, alii, amstel king, elastica, and lyrata (or use our Rainforest Floor blend!)
- …and any other climbing tropical plants.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
Thank you, it's nice to order something that sells itself, went back dor more again. And, my plants? Well, they're pretty 😊 happy!
I have quite a few plants in this soil and they all are loving it! The quality of the ingredients… even the look and smell of it - FANTASTIC.
Some of the plants that I currently have in the Tropical Climber soil:
- monstera albo
- monstera thai constellation
- monstera obliqua peru
- philodendron plowmanii
- philodendron red anderson
- alocasia jacklyn
All of them are loving it and thriving ✅
Great soil, nice packaging. My plants are very happy!
This is the first time I’ve bought this soil and I’m over the moon about it. The mix is definitely varied well, there’s not too much of one thing. It stays damp but not wet, which is great for humidity. Both plants I’ve put this into have shown great growth since — will definitely come back for more when they’re ready for it!
I am beyond tickled with all of my interactions with Oh Happy Plants. Already a fan before I even got my package. And then I opened my Tropical Climber blend in hopes to pot my monstera clippings. The amount of care and research that must of went into these varietal soil mixes is evident. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen or smelled. Can’t wait to see what happens to my new monster babes.
I purchased the tropical climber blend to repot my philodendrons but also found it to be excellent for my alocasias and rubber tree- all seem to be quite happy with the blend. I have yet to find anything better for my plants- even trying to mix something myself, I can’t find quite the chunk I’d like that resembles this. This is definitely my go to!!
I so enjoyed missing up my soil to make it whole. I purchased the dry blend and talk about satisfying once I actually used it. My current plant (see pics) that is living in the mix put out a new leaf and two flowers/spaths. It is a nice chunky mix that allows the plant’s roots to breathe. This plant came with healthy roots and has become even healthier and happier in this mix. Anyone who likes to water often, use this mix so you don’t kill your plant by drowning its roots with too much water. Add a terracotta pot and it will help even more. Thanks for this great blend of goodness!
PS I have a few tropical plants that need to be repotted and I am excited to get that started thanks to this new mix. I plan on doing a video for my YT channel about how great this mix is and how easy it is to make. I purchased 2-3 other dry blends that several of my plants will thank me later for it.
I choose to no longer use those big box store soil options. They do not compare!!
I've been using OHP products for a few years now and nothing will convince me to use any other products. The soil is quite literally beautiful to look at and it just smells so rich and lush. Everything I grow in this soil develops strong, healthy roots... So much so that they break through the containers sometimes :-p
I took a few pothos cuttings and potted them all together in a clear pot to watch root development. Imagine my surprise when a few weeks later, the roots looked downright luscious.
Stop wasting your time researching other soils, this is what you need.
The majority of my plants are tropical climbers. I was so thrilled with my first bag of this mix that I ordered up 10 more gallons. Happy planting!