Rainforest soil blend
This rich blend is full of organic matter and contains our acidic Habitat blend, complete with seed meals, mycorrhizal inoculant, and volcanic and glacial rock dusts. It holds slightly more water than the Tropical Climber blend and has a finer texture due to the addition of rice hulls.
Environment match: rainforest floor plants that creep along the ground.
- Thaumatophyllum (selloum/bipinnatifidum, xanadu, etc)
- Philodendron (rojo congo, green congo, brasil, etc)
- Syngonium (arrowhead vine, nephthytis)
- Spathiphyllum species (peace lily)
- Pachira aquatica (money tree)
- Aglaonema species (Chinese evergreen)
- Ficus benjamina, alii, amstel king, elastica, and lyrata (or use our Tropical Climber blend!)
- Aralias (Polyscias fruticosa, balfouriana, scutellaria, etc)
- …and any other ground-dwelling tropical plants.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
I was so happy to receive my Rainforest blend, and my fiddle leaf fig has never looked better.
Very nice and chunky mix and the generous quart bag was VERY generous!
I ordered this rainforest blend and transplanted my agleonemas into it as soon as it arrived. I saw no sign of transplant shock and they have already pushed out some new leaves. The potting mix is unique in its appearance so it is also pleasing to the eye. I moistened the mix before repotting and fluffed it up and it has retained the moisture without feeling soggy. My plants seem to be happy! I still have plenty left to use with a couple other plants that it says it is good for. I will be sure to order more from this shop.
I have some plants in their original nursery soils and I have plenty in the OHD blends. It's not even a comparison, the plants in OHD are so much happier, and the rate of growth is almost unbelievable!
My plants love this soil blend! It has all the best nutrients and just the right consistency
So far so good I love the rain forest soil blend for my plants and my plants love it too! Will buy again.
My plants love this dirt and are booming with new growth! Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I will be placing another order soon !
My plants are all growing so much! It drains well, it's impossible to overwater, and I can easily tell when to water. It's SO MUCH less dense than nursery soil. I can run my fingers through it without having to dig. It stays moist so I'm actually watering a little less often for some of my plants.
Instead of buying new plants for a little bit, I'm really improving conditions for the plants I have. The plants I've changed to OHP soil are doing so much better. They're growing like crazy and thriving. This is some seriously perfect soil.