Desert Succulent soil blend
This blend is designed specifically for folks who want to water their desert succulents on the same schedule as their other plants. Take the guesswork out of watering with this mix: fabulous drainage, with enough water retention to ensure your succulents get what they need. Includes whole ingredients specific to the organic matter found naturally in the desert.
Environment match: dry desert plants.
- Echeveria species
- Pachyveria species
- Aloe species (Aloe vera/barbadensis miller, Lace aloe/aristaloe aristata, etc)
- Haworthia species (Zebra plant/Haworthiopsis attenuata, Haworthia cooperii, etc)
- Cactus types (Mammillaria, Echinocactus, etc)
- Desert-dwelling euphorbias (African milk tree)
- …and any other desert-dwelling succulent plants.
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We do not use nitrogen fertilizers produced with the ecologically detrimental Haber-Bosch process.
- We know the importance of the gut microbiome - even in plants! All of our soils include a mycorrhizal inoculant with endo and ecto-mycorrhizae.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage a healthy root environment.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.