Oh Happy Dirt! Quarts
Oh Happy Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal!
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage healthy root growth.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Oh Happy Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
'Pray for Us': for marantas, calatheas, ctenanthes, stromanthes
'Strings of Things': for strings of pearls, dolphins, bananas, hearts, turtles, etc
'Heavenly Fluff' Begonia Blend: for all types of begonias
Give your plants their forever home with
Oh Happy Dirt!
My plants love this dirt and are booming with new growth! Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I will be placing another order soon !
It’s literally my favorite stuff. All my plants love it. Takes the guess work out of building your own with lots of extra goodies in there. They took a lot of time to dial all these mixtures in. All the plants I’ve potted in this immediately started taking off.
I've never had much success propagating the smaller plants. But on a whim I picked up the String of Things soil at my local shop and decided to try again with some String of Pearls and String of Hearts. I was absolutely guessing on everything, from how much soil to use, to how much water and light it needed.
I'm happy to report that after 3 weeks using this soil I have had HUGE success!!! Almost every one of my props is putting out new growth, even after being forgotten about more than a few times. Will definitely be buying more soil for my other props and plants!
This soil is amazing!! I purchased a sickly Alocacia with heavily damaged leaves and a mite problem, repotted it in this soil, and even while it was going through the stress of repotting and neem oil treatment for the mites, it shot up 6 inches in only 2 weeks and is so healthy and happy, recovering beautifully